Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Boy!








It's baseball season again! This is his 17th year of baseball. He began instructional league when he was 4 years old. This year it's a little different though. He is coaching! Now, for this mom, that is crazy!



This is Zach's senior year of high school. 2006.





Zach is getting his degree in Kenesiology. He wants to be a coach and teach history or P.E. About 15 minutes from Fayetteville, where he goes to school, is a town named West Fork. He is doing something like an internship with the high school baseball team.


He is right handed but bats left!




Does he love it, well, of course he does. The coaches are really good guys and are allowing Zach to really be involved in helping coach. He is riding the bus just like the 'ol days, wearing a uniform, even got new shoes (fortunately I didn't have to pay for this pair, the school did!)

Baseball is truly his passion. What an awesome thing if he gets to do this for a living. How many people do you or I know that actually love what they do? And, he'll be working with kids and God can use him to impact their lives for His glory. Isn't that great!

I can't wait to go watch him in a game. That will be so fun! I miss the days of going to the ballpark and watching baseball and softball games 3-4 nights a week. That was our life and I loved it.

1 comment:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I can't see Zach doing anything else! He is going to make a great teacher and coach.

You'll be the proud Momma in the stand telling everyone, "that's my son, the coach"!!! :)