Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eating Wrong vs Right

I pose a question?

For those of you who have made the transition from "bad" food to "good" food, how have you done it?

I know there are recipes galore out there. A lot of them have ingredients I have never heard of but I think I'm willing to try. But, how do you start, how to you get yourself to WANT these healthy foods instead of the yummy's. You know biscuits/gravy, mac cheese, chocolate, ice cream, mashed potatoes etc. Yes, I love starches, how do you get off of these lovely things. They are my comfort food.

Seriously, I would love to hear any advice on how to make the great transition and still enjoy eating.

I'll be waiting to hear!!!!!!

3 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Just make up your mind and dive right in. It's easier then you think. Once you get started eating healthier, you will feel healthier and those desires for the "bad" foods will diminish. Allow yourself to eat your comfort food one day a week but don't over indulge. John & I will share a burger & fries from T.G.I.F every once in awhile as a reward for staying on track. Also, portion control and lots of water....of course exercise!! Good Luck...you can do it!!
Betty

HB said...

Girl, you know I don't think there are any "bad" foods. :)

Becky said...

OK,..here's what worked for me!
FIVE big helpings of vegetables,...
TWO servings of dairy (supposed to be Fat free milk, low fat cheese, orfat free ice cream)
EIGHT glasses of water.
Eat all of that stuff, and you won't have much room for the "yummy" foods!
ALL breads have to be whole grain.
No butter/margerine/mayo.

Lost 15 lbs in 3 months! (weight watchers)

Go Beth!!