Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1


Its February 1st! We should have all memorized at least 2 verses for the month of January.

Now onto the 3rd for the first half of February.

I would like to memorize Psalm 63:1-8 and so I'm just going to write all 8 verses, it may take me a while to memorize it all but I'm hoping it will come quickly.

1) O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

2) I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3) Because your LOVE is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4) I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5) My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6) On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7) Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8) My soul clings to you;
Your right hand upholds me.

I pray the Lord will continually draw us to Himself thru memorizing His word. Ask and you shall receive, so I'm asking that His word would become a part of us, that we would think on it when we lay down to sleep and when we awake in the morning. Through remembering His word we would be changed and He would be glorified!
b

5 comments:

MarciaBrady said...

AMEN!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I have actually read that scripture many times!! It is one of my favorites. I think it would take me a month to memorize that though.

We do need to get together!!

Michelle said...

Hi Beth,

My verse for the first of this month is also from Psalms. It is Psalm 27: The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom do I fear? The Lord is my life's refuge of whom am I afraid?

Melody said...

Hi All!

I'm going to work on Matthew 11: 28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Joy said...

My scripture for February 1st is:

May God Himself, the God of Peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NIV