Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy 21st Birthday Zachary!!!!


All About Zach:

  • I had a great pregnancy with you. I craved Dr. Pepper and M&M's.
  • Your room was done in Koala bears. I had collected them for years. We even put a pole in your room from floor to ceiling and hung all my stuffed koala's on it. Very cute but I wouldn't do that now.
  • Born January 22, 1988, Friday, 1:58 a.m., Baptist Memorial Hospital
  • Blond hair on the prettiest shaped 15.5 inch head ( you were in the birth canal such a short time that you looked like a c-section baby!)
  • 8 lbs. 12 oz., 22.5 inches and now 6'3" and around 200 lbs.
  • Blue eyes
  • You took to nursing like nobodies business and have always enjoyed a good meal!
  • Your love for sports started as a toddler, especially baseball. I guess we should have known you would want to be a baseball coach and here you are fulfilling your dream.
  • You love music. As a toddler we would be home and you could be in your walker anywhere in the house and the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" would come on the TV and you would run in that walker to the television and just stare at the TV and "dance". I know I should have given you piano lessons!
  • You didn't like baby food but real food. Your dad started giving you iced tea at about 6 months out of his glass and you have been drinking it since.
  • Your dad and you had a special bond from birth.
  • You never would take a bottle, you went straight from nursing to a sippy cup.
  • I nursed you for 14.5 months, until I found out I was pregnant with your baby sister!
  • Jacob and Tyler have been your friends since you hung out together while still in the wombs of your moms. They have spent every birthday with you and you them.
  • Even though your love language isn't gifts, you love celebrating your birthday and always want it to be special.
  • You never used your baby bed. I guess you didn't like it :), instead you chose to sleep in a big ol water bed with your mom and dad.
  • You have always been the snuggliest baby and person. Even as a baby when you would go to sleep you didn't move. You are like that to this day.
  • You give GREAT hugs.
  • You came to know Jesus at church camp and baptized at Gravel Ridge First Baptist Church.
  • You are now 21 and have had a great life so far, I think. You have been blessed to grow up in the same place and with a great group of friends. You've gone to school together, played sports together, gone to church and church camps together. You have a baby sister that loves you and you love her and when push comes to shove, you are there for each other.
  • You have mourned the loss of some good friends and have attended more funerals than you should have at this age. I have been proud of the way you have been in this area of your life. You and your friends were always there for each other during these times and always wanted to be together.
  • Your friends parents have loved you. They say it takes a village to raise a child and I believe you were blessed to be raised by a village of people that have loved you.
  • You have been loved with passion and unconditionally by your parents.
  • You have been such a blessing to my life and I am so humbled and honored to have had the privilege of being the woman who gave birth to you and raised you, the Moma in your life. What a gift God gave to me when He gave you to me.
  • I love you so very much and pray the next 21 years will be filled with great blessings. You will have tough times and I pray you go to your heavenly Father for wisdom in these times. You will have great joy like you have yet to experience and I pray you go to your Abba Father and thank Him for these times. You will be a mentor to people you don't even realize you are mentoring.
  • Love God passionately, without reservation, give everything to Him and you cannot fail. Doesn't mean life will be perfect but it means you will be where you need to be and have the strength of a god that is perfect and Holy and Good and loves you so much!
Well, I really didn't mean to go into all of that but since I have, I think I will leave it. Here's to you Zach, Zachy, Zachary, Zachary David, Zachariah, Happy Birthday with love from your Ma!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Awww...Beth that was wonderful!!

Happy Birthday to Zach!!!