Thursday, January 8, 2009

Scripture memorization Update

Hello friends,
Well, how is everyone doing with their first memory verse? I'm getting it, but its slow. I'm praying God will help me to retain the Word. I hope you are having so much fun doing this, I am so enjoying getting the Word in my heart and mind.

I wanted to share with you Beth Moore's blog. It is www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com
She posted a mini-turorial about how to memorize scripture. It is really good. You can also sign up on their blog to be part of their group to do scripture memorization this year.

I'm sure all of you know who she is but in case you don't...She is a bible teacher. She has written many bible studies and speaks all over the world. She loves the Lord. In fact, when her first bible study came out I was meeting with a lady and we decided to do a bible study and she picked Beth's first one. God used that study and the time I spent in my quiet time to change my life completely. I highly recommend participating in one of her studies if you have not.

On another note, Zach and Kristyn are leaving Saturday to go back to school. Where has the time gone? It seems like they just got here for Christmas and now they are heading back to school for the next semester. My house will become quiet and I'm guessing I will be doing a lot more crocheting! I miss them so much when they are gone.

This is a big year for us. Zach turns 21 this month! He's really excited. He is bringing his girlfriend home the weekend of his birthday and we will go out to eat at Shogun and have birthday cake from Rick's in Fayetteville. He just can't think of anything he wants for his birthday.

Kristyn is getting married December 19th and so we are now planning her wedding. She will turn 20 in November before getting married. We already have the chapel booked, the reception booked, the bridesmaid dresses bought. No, we haven't even looked at a wedding dress yet. She wanted to make sure she got these two places taken care of before someone else booked them.

Me, well I have the rest of my weight to lose. I've kind of gotten off track while the kids have been home but I've only gained 1 pound back. So, Monday I'm back on it hard. Weight Watchers is just easy for me to do. I'm praying hard for this house to sell and I have pictures to go thru and scarves and aphgans to make!

Here's looking forward to a great '09!

Ps:18:16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me. He brought me out of deep waters.

b

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Looking forward to it. I am already thinking about what I will pick for my next one.

Congrats on the wedding. It will be a fun year for the two of you.

I look forward to that someday with my daughter, but not for a while, she is only 16!

Debie Napoleon said...

I am working on Exodus 35 30:33. I just opened my Torah and this is where it landed.

Not the easiers verse.

P.S. I just tagged you - hope that's okay!

Rachael said...

I'm doing not bad on the memorization, I just need to keep thinking about it! I'm totally going to read that tutorial though.

BTW, my word verification is "trials". How weird is that??

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Ok first off.....when you started talking about the kids leaving to go back for the next semester...I started crying...(i'm still crying) than how Z will be 21!!!! Oh, Meg is right behind him! and she wants nothing either....just us to be together!!!


K is going to be a beautiful bride....I can't wait to see her walk down that aisle. You better make sure there are loads of tissues!

Beth~ where did our babies go??

It seems like just yesterday we were taking them to kindergarten.

Ugh....bawl fest going on here!!!

I am having a great time learning my scripture!! I think it has helped me stay calm (well, sort of calm) during this yearbook thing.

I'm praying about my next scripture. I'll post on my blog on the 15th then comment it on yours.

Keep up the good work with WW....you look amazing!!! You need a photo on this blog!!!

Happy Crocheting!

Heather said...

Both Michelle and I picked scripture about worrying today. Our mom just lost her job last week, and worrying is something she does best. When I read this scripture to her the day I chose it, she said it was exactly what she needed to hear.

What an exciting year ahead of you! I am still so embroiled in the day-to-day living with three young ones, it's hard to even imagine that day when they will all be out of the house.

Betty's right; you need some pictures. I love weddings; please update us on all the plans!